W. C. Eddy died last Saturday, February 27, 1926. He was born in Lancaster, Wisconsin, 73 years ago, and came to DeFuniak in 1884. He taught school for a while after coming to DeFuniak which was merely a settlement in the woods at that time. Being somewhat a carpenter, he helped to build our first Chautauqua Auditorium and also painted it. Later he engaged in the mercantile business and was postmaster at DeFuniak Springs, for a number of years — (Jan. 30, 1889 to March 28, 1889) and (Feb. 2, 1905 to May 6, 1913). He is survived by two sisters, both of whom live in the North. Mr. Eddy was never married. He was in good circumstances, and through his last long illness, he was looked after by Mr. Dee Work of this city.
[Source: DeFuniak Herald, March 4, 1926]
[Burial: Magnolia Cemetery, DeFuniak Springs]
[Note by Jeanette Anderson McDonald: The 2 story house on Bay Ave. (106) was originally owned by Prof W. C. Eddy who had the first school in DeFuniak located on East Main St. House owned by Mrs. Alma Kirkland (1996).]